Effective Date: October 5th, 2017
Last Updated Date: May 23th, 2018
If you do not agree with the terms and conditions set forth herein, please do not accept the cookies request that you may see when you access our Websites for the first time, and stop using any of our Resources immediately, including but not limited to our Websites and services. If you do accept our cookies request, you understand and agree that you will be bound to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
2. Changes and modifications
3.1 What information do we collect?
We may collect information in several ways:
- Information provided by you. We collect information from you when you register to use the Websites, place an order, fill out a form, subscribe to a newsletter, as well as other information that you provide directly on our Websites, including but not limited to your first and last name, mailing address, country, phone number, credit card information and email address.
- Information automatically collected. We automatically collect information about you or your computer, such as the computer’s operating system type, web browser type or language, pages you have viewed, access times, duration of visiting sessions and visitor preferences.
- Information we get from others. We may collect information about you from other sources. For instance we may receive information about you if you make purchases from recommended third parties via our links. Moreover, we may receive information when you access our Resources through links from third party platforms, such as Facebook. We may add such information to the information we get from our Websites.
- Cookies. We may collect information by placing small data files on your device (“cookies”), which may analyze your (i) preferences and behavior and (ii) device and software. Please read more about our cookies in Section 3.
3.2 How do we use your information?
We may use your information for various purposes, including:
- To make the Websites and customer service work properly (e.g. to process transactions and to respond to comments and questions).
- To identify you, and to determine your location and device.
- To send information about, including but not limited to security alerts, confirmations, updates, technical notices, upcoming events, news about our products and services, support messages, administrative messages, and information regarding your order.
- To administer promotions, surveys, contests or other site features.
- To exercise internal database purposes.
- To analyze webpage traffic, browsing behavior and preferences.
- To improve our Websites and services in order to better serve you (e.g. responds to customer service requests).
- To create a more personal and interactive experience (e.g. deliver content, product and service offerings, and advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests).
3.3 Do we share your information?
We only may share information:
- with technical support providers to the extent such information is necessary for trouble shooting.
- if we negotiate a business deal, involving the transfer of our business or assets, including but not limited to acquisitions, financing, mergers or bankruptcy proceeding or transaction.
- with those who need to do work for us, including but not limited to third party software or plugins.
3.4 How do we protect your information?
We scan our Websites on a regular basis for known vulnerabilities and security holes in order to make your use of our Websites and services as safe as possible. Moreover, we make use of several security measures when users access, enter and submit information, or when they place an order. The transactions that you make are processed through a gateway provider and are not processed or stored on our servers. In addition, only a limited number of individuals have special access rights to the secured networks behind which your information is contained. In the end, all the sensitive information you provide (e.g. credit details) is encrypted via the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
3.5 How to delete your Account/email address/personal information
If you wish to delete your Account, please use the steps provided in the account settings page when you are logged in. They will instruct you how to delete your account. Please notice that even after your account is deleted, your information may remain visible. For instance, your comments or content provided by you via our Websites may be copied or stored by other users. Moreover, you may have shared your information via social media platforms, which remains visible. On the other hand, you agree that we may retain any content associated with your account for any period of time for legitimate purposes and in accordance to applicable laws or regulations, including but not limited to your email address to promote our services or resources. If you do not want to receive emails from us any more, you are able to unsubscribe yourself from our email list. In order to unsubscribe, please use the unsubscribe-link at the bottom of any email newsletter that you have received from us. You agree that we are only able to provide you or delete the personal information described in section 3.1.1 and 3.1.3. If you want to request or want us to delete this information please contact us via our contact details provided in section 5.
4.1 Our cookies
The main types of cookies we may use:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential to make the site work properly, to let you navigate through the Websites and to use its features, including but not limited to making use of the secure areas of our Websites. Moreover, without these cookies we cannot provide you the services that you have asked for, such as online payments or a shopping cart. We may use third party services, software and/or plugins, that track this information on our behalf.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies help us to remember the choices you make on our Websites, such as the language or login details, in order to improve your experience. In addition, these cookies may be used to remember the changes that you make regarding the visual display of the Websites (e.g. fonts and text size). Further, they may also be used to provide you more personal features or services you have asked for (e.g. commenting on articles or watching a video). The functionality cookies may collect anonymized information and cannot track browsing activity beyond the boundaries of our Websites. We may use third party services, software and/or plugins, that track this information on our behalf.
- Performance cookies. These cookies help us to improve how the Websites works. They collect information about how visitors use the Websites (e.g. which pages the visitors access the most and if any error messages are encountered). The performance cookies only collect anonymous aggregated information on the pages visited (e.g. web analytics and affiliate tracking). We may use third party services, software and/or plugins, that track this information on our behalf.
4.2 Session and persistent cookies
Some of the cookies that we use are:
- Session cookies. Session cookies are created for only one browser session (e.g. cookies that allow you to keep items in your basket when shopping online). These cookies collect information or online behavior of a visitor or user when the browser window opens and stop collecting when this browser window closes. Therefore, all session cookies will be deleted automatically after a browser session.
- Persistent cookies. These cookies will remain on the visitor’s device for a period of time (e.g. such cookies to remember your login details and password so that you do not have to re-enter them each time you visit the Websites). Such cookies will expire after the period, or if you delete them manually (see section 2.3).
4.3 How to control or delete cookies
Almost every popular browser allows users to have control over cookies to some extent. For instance, you are able to set your browser to get a cookie request each time a cookie is offered. In addition, you are able to set your browser to reject or accept certain, or all, cookies. Please visit www.aboutcookies.org to see how to control or delete the cookies on each browser type. If you want to manage Flash cookies (or local shared objects) please visit the instructions on https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html. Firefox users are able to integrate an add-on to control and delete Flash cookies (https://addons.mozilla.org). If you disable cookies, some features of our Websites will be disabled (e.g. some of our services will not function properly).
5. Contact information
If you have any questions, please contact us via:
- Social media: www.facebook.com/netshox or www.twitter.com/netshoxNL
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: NETSHOX, Doelstraat 3, 5101 PA Dongen, Netherlands
- Other: KVK 69618585 and BTW-ID NL209814950B01
If you have any complaints, please contact us by the latter contact details or by contacting https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.chooseLanguage